Monday, May 25, 2009

Distin expects Pompey stay

Sylvain Distin admits that although he expects to remain at Portsmouth this summer, nothing is certain in football.

Distin expects more transfer activity at Portsmouth this summer but is concerned by the uncertainties surrounding the club's management as he prepares for a well earned holiday.

"Right now I expect to be here next season. I'm not in touch with anyone, but you know how it is in football," he said.

"Tomorrow things can change, there may be a new manager with his players and I won't play, I'm the kind of player who likes to play.

"A lot of things can happen in the coming months. We don't know what is going to happen. All I want to do is go away on holiday, relax and refresh my mind.

"Then I will come back and see what happens. We don't know who is going to be here.

winning things

Paul Hart and his assistant Brian Kidd took charge of the team until the end of the season following Tony Adam's dismissal in February and vice-captain Distin would have no qualms if the pair remained in charge.

"All I can say is that Paul Hart and Brian did a good job. I would be delighted to see them next season, I don't want to get rid of them," he said.

The FA Cup holders will hand their trophy over to either Chelsea or Everton on Saturday and following a brush with relegation this term and the former Manchester City man believes the club needs investment if they are to get back to winning ways.

"We need money. If we want to get back to winning things and being where we were last season we need money to buy players.

"We have to see if anyone wants to buy the club. We have one of the smallest squads in the league, so it is physically and mentally difficult.

"We have a lot of players out of contract and we need players. Who is going to go? We shall see."

No comments:

Post a Comment