Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Cole: I'll come back stronger

Joe Cole has vowed to return from his long-term knee injury a stronger player next season.



The winger has been sidelined since 14th January when he limped out of Chelsea's 4-1 win away to Southend United in their third-round FA Cup replay.

Cole had also been restricted by a niggling ankle injury in the first part of the season and has since admitted he tried to come back too quickly from that complaint.

Cole believes that could have contributed to his season being prematurely ended at Roots Hall and is determined not to make the same mistake again, claiming when he does return he will be "bullet-proof".

"The way I see it is when I get injured then I will come back stronger," he said.

"I'm so focused on coming back better and stronger than before. You get knocks in life and you can talk in victory and in glory but when the chips are down and you are in adversity you need to come through that. I come in every day and do what the physiotherapists say I need to do to the letter. Then I'll see where it takes me."

He added: "I think why I got injured was because at the start of the season I was playing with little niggles. I had an ankle injury and came back too soon.

"The manager wanted me back, and I tend to want to play through the pain. Maybe that is a lesson learned. It's a hard lesson learned, but I will come back when I'm ready whenever that may be."


Please note: Fixtures are subject to change. Reproduced under licence from Football DataCo Limited. All rights reserved. Licence no. NEWMEDIA/PREMLGEGE/167142a. Copyright © and Database Right The FA Premier League/The Scottish Premier League/The Football League/The Scottish Football League Limited 2008. All rights reserved. No part of the Fixtures Lists may be reproduced stored or transmitted in any form without the prior written permission of Football DataCo Limited.

No comments:

Post a Comment