Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Nani rules out United exit

Manchester United winger Nani has rejected suggestions that he will leave Old Trafford in the summer.


The Portugal international joined Manchester United from Sporting Lisbon in the summer of 2007 and experienced a fruitful first season in England.

However, he failed to make an impact last term as he found himself behind Park Ji-Sung in the club's pecking order.

VERY HAPPY
Reports in England have suggested Nani could be offloaded by United, but the player has rejected stories the club are looking to cash in on him.

"My future is at Manchester United, of course," he said. "It is a privilege to be at a club like this.

"I won one more title (last season) and I am very happy to have won it for these two consecutive years.

"I was born to play football and I feel fine, although I did not play much. I will not leave Manchester United, nor will I be loaned out. I will see out my contract."

Similarly, Park Ji-Sung has denied rumours that he is set to quit Manchester United for a lucrative offer to join Al-Jazira in the United Arab Emirates.

In recent months, the 28-year-old has arguably played his best football in a United shirt - since joining from PSV for £4m in July 2005.

Now settled in England, Park said: "That's the first time I heard that. It's not true. I want to stay and play in Europe."

No comments:

Post a Comment