Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Behrami targets return

West Ham United midfielder Valon Behrami is hoping to be back in the first month of next season.


The Switzerland international damaged his cruciate knee ligaments against Manchester City in March and is currently in the recovery process.

He has been working hard in the swimming pool and hopes to be back in the last week of August.

GOING WELL
He said: "My work is going very well and if I continue like this on 10th August I will start back with the team, try to kick the ball and join in with my team-mates. After two or three weeks working at a high intensity, in the last week of August I hope to be back in the team for a game."

Behrami hopes to be in contention for the national team's World Cup qualifier against Greece on 5th September.

"The first thing is to make a proper return with West Ham and only then can I think about the national team," he added.

"I have to thank West Ham because they said I can go home and someone will come to work with me. They are a good club and this shows that."

No comments:

Post a Comment